Saturday 19 July 2014

Kyd Cadet 3 - The Lost Game

Let me set the scene...

About five months ago I completed work on Mk2 of Kyd Cadet 3. I say Mk2, because I have a 80% complete platform game that was supposed to be the third in the series, but I lost interest towards the end.

This is another attempt to add a third instalment of the Kyd Cadet series, but the game-play has changed from a platformer to a kind of Exolon clone.

After a good few months of work, the game was complete along with a loader and loading screen, however, this is where fate stepped in. The version of AGD (Arcade Games Designer) I used had a known (but not to me at the time!) bug that corrupted the game code when you tried to save out the final game.

After a lot of messing about, I gave up and got very drunk. I even tried to load the code into a newer version, but this also didn't work. So, there it sat... and as other projects came along I completely forgot about it.

Today I was going through my hard drive and looking at all my half-complete games, and found it. Kyd Cadet 3 - The Eyeburx Plee, fully playable and finished. I had a few plays through to make sure, and it was 100%. So now what?

I have put out a plee on World Of Spectrum for some assistance, and hopefully I can finally get this game released. More as it happens....

Here are a few screenshots...








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Dcreators